Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bass Pro Shops

I recently celebrated a birthday and that means one thing to a guy hunting on a budget:  NEW STUFF!

Finding their way to my doorstep are some great items from Bass Pro Shops and one from Gander Mountain:

RedHead Enduraskin All Season -  I contemplated going all out and buying the Under Armour cold gear, but decided I could make a dollar stretch further and go with the RedHead all season gear.  So far, so good.  The shirt and pants both fit great.  They are comfortable and look great.  The quality seems on par with the UA gear although they feel a little bit thinner.  I will do a follow up review after I wear them in the field.

Dream Season Vest  -  Scent Blocker's Dream Season vest is really nice.  Again the fit was perfect and it seems like it is good quality.  The fleece should be warm enough to give me a good mid-layer and the extra scent protection is always nice.

Hunter Safety System Ultra Lite Harness  -  The piece from Gander was on sale for $79.95 from $99.95, so I couldn't pass it up.  I was really wanting the Muddy Outdoors harness, but this one seems like it will do what I need it to do for now, which is keep me safe in the tree.  I've never worn a safety harness in the tree prior to this year, so this could be interesting.  Again, a full review will come after I get a chance to use it outside of my garage.


No comments:

Post a Comment