Saturday, October 1, 2011

Finally Final

We are finally, officially, really, actually hunting!  Ok, it was actually just a short visit to the stand to get organized, but I am going to call it hunting after the season I've had so far.

As I chronicled last week, the season has not started all that well for me.  I did get the arrow situation sorted out with some very easy to use broadhead adapters.  So now I have all of the gear I need, the stands are up, the pictures are rolling in, and the weather is getting cooler.  I still have a nasty cold that makes sitting for long times hard.  After a few hours I start coughing uncontrollably, which is not a great bow hunting tactic as far as I have seen.

Yesterday I got out and climbed into our metro stand for the first time.  We have a mineral site near by the set up that we decided to try Primos Red Spot in.  It was on sale, so we decided to give it a shot.  We didn't pay a whole lot of attention to shooting distances when we put up our stand as we typically have hunted it with shotguns in the past.  Amazingly, all of the shots we have from the stand are around 20-30 yards.  That is perfect for us beginners.  Now we just sit and wait for something unlucky to be our first customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment