Friday, July 15, 2011

Metro Trail Cam Let Down

I went over last night and pulled the trail cam pics from our metro hunt location.  This is the camera that was infested with ants a few weeks ago.  It took me a lot longer to get it back up than I wanted but it's up again.  I checked it after only 5 days in the woods to be sure we were getting a good angle and not a lot of non-deer pics.  The results were less than positive.  

A week ago I was cruising through the Bargain Cave at Cabela's and found some Evolved Habitats Rut-N-Apples and Acorn Frenzy.  They are on sale for $9.99 a bag, so I bought one of each.  


This fits into our philosophy of hunting on a budget but only if they work.  As you remember, we used the Hunter's Specialties® Vita-Rack® 26 Lick Site at our other location and it worked like a champ.  We set up the cam in a spot we had been getting great pics with no attractant and put down the Rut-N-Apples.  As you can see from the pics, it did get some attention, but not as much as I thought it would.  Maybe it needs a little more time.  








Eric is getting the pics from our northern two cameras today.  It has been agonizingly painful to wait the two weeks to see what we have there.

No comments:

Post a Comment