Friday, September 28, 2012

Successful Opener! 

Congratulations to my Dad (Sr) and Eric on their success.  Both of them put down a doe opening weekend of bow season in MN.  This was the first bow opener weekend we hunted and it was a good time.  

Sr shot a nice doe with his Ten Point Crossbow on Saturday evening about 4:30pm.  She came in and give him a quartering away shot that would have been tough with a bow, but his crossbow was on target and put her down after a 50 yard run through the brush.

Eric has quite a story for his doe.  Let's just say it didn't go down after the first shot....or the second.  I will leave that story for him to tell.  In the end we tracked her down and grabbed the second doe of the night on Saturday.  

I had my chances but didn't get a shot I liked, so I held back.  I still hope to fling an arrow or two before the gun season kicks off.  So far I would call this a very successful year for us.  It can only get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment