Thursday, January 19, 2012

A new bow! and finally got the net...


FINALLY!!!!  It took me a while to catch up with the 21st century, but I finally got internet at my home.  This will allow me to accomplish a couple of things. Most importantly it will allow me to surf the internet about hunting, while watching hunting, and texting Dennis about hunting.  I can finally get to writing some reviews about the equipment we used this year, talk about some of the things we learned this year in our first year hitting the woods for bow season, and working towards next year.

Prior to any of this, I am very pleased to announce I bought a new bow.  I decided after much research, lots of practice shooting and a little begging to my loving, beautiful wife and the purchase was made.  I am now the very proud owner of a brand new Elite GT 500 compound bow.

I decided on the GT 500 for a couple of reasons.  First, it is an extremely lightweight bow. Comparing it to the older one I was shooting this past year was like night and day.  Second, everywhere I looked and everyone I talked to that has owned or does own an Elite bow has nothing but good things to say about their performance and durability.  Lastly, the bow fell right into the price range I was looking for.

I have had the opportunity to hit the range 3 times so far.  Each time I am liking my decision to purchase the GT 500 more and more.  Hopefully Dennis and I will be successful in our pursuit of turkey licenses this spring and I will get a chance to try it out on a bird!







No comments:

Post a Comment